Friday 8 July 2011

Fifty Footers and Sixty M's



I found an Athearn GP60M in the promotional 'Maersk' livery going cheap on ebay and snapped it up, I am going to get some matching stack cars and put together a version of the special one-off photography special train that ran through Cajon Pass back in 1990.





I also received my new Bachmann GE44 Ton switcher.  This was a locomotive that I ordered from my local hobby shop, Junction Models at Norwood Junction.  I could have got it cheaper ordering direct, or from ebay, but I wanted to try and support my local independent store as much as I can.

This engine is intended to be part of the roster for my Detroit Connecting Railroad module, and will join the Bachmann GE 70 Ton switcher I bought earlier in the year.







These are my latest trio of boxcars, two kit-built and another Walther Goldline with some very nice details.  They are also intended to be part of my switching layout module, and will probably be patched and given some extra rust and damage.

I did bid on a pre-built exhibition layout on ebay this month but didn't win, however the construction methods for that layout have inspired me to push forward with my modular switching layout.  More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment