Saturday 8 October 2011

Update on NS patched Conrail GP38-2 project.


I managed to find some time to work on my GP38-2 project this week, adding the rest of the decals and some weathering to the shell. 

I applied the decals before weathering, thinking that would give a more realistic appearance, but it turned out that I should definitely have done things the other way around.  Some of the drybrushing has clung to the white conrail logos and numberboards, so I will need to re-apply some of the decals to fix.

I was originally hoping to have this engine done in time for the NMRA convention in Bournemouth next weekend, but with work being so busy, it's not looking likely that I will have it finished.  Hopefully I will find some time this week to work on the remaining details.

No comments:

Post a Comment