Wednesday 19 December 2012

Yultide Revelling

I'm still collecting parts for my planned kitbash emulating "The Hardly Able Mfg Co" from Art Currans book on structure building.




I came across a few more Revell kits on ebay and snapped them up, an operating engine house and a sanding depot.  The depot is complete and sealed, but the engine house is missing a few pieces.


Great kits, and fortunately they weren't too expensive, an important consideration as I am not a collector and I do intend to actually use these parts.  The copyright on the kits suggests they are from the earliest releases in the late fifties.  These kits were reissued by Con-Cor and Heljan through the years, but they have been off the market for a couple of decades now.

 

The sand and pump house will make a good detail for my next freemo module, these old revell kits can look fantastic when they are detailed and painted.

Here are a couple of examples from various modellers I found on the net:

A Revell 'Weekly Herald News' reworked to make a stock auction house.

Another 'Weekly Herald' in a 1:87 auto diorama.

A pair of 'Superior Bakery' kits and some other Revell kits joined to make a factory.



No comments:

Post a Comment