Sunday 13 January 2013

NMRA Winter Meet - Benson

This years exhibition schedule got off to a good start with the NMRA winter meet at Benson in Oxfordshire.  


 I drove up to the small village early on Saturday morning and spent an enjoyable couple of hours browsing the secondhand stalls and watching trains on the many excellent layouts.  I also took a turn at the throttle on Dan Spalding's 'Galatia, Kansas' layout.

I'm on the lookout for suitable rolling stock for Godinez, but there wasn't much Rock Island to be had, other than some old Athearn blue box kits which aren't detailed enough for the layout, I don't want to take on a lot of super detailing projects so I'm looking to pick up some more modern models for the layout.  


I did pick up a couple of old Details West boxcar kits for a quid each, they should be suitable for repainting into Rock Island versions.

The top floor of the hall was filled with bring and buy tables and I picked up a selection of Morning Sun reference books on Rock Island for a very keen price, and much cheaper than importing from the US.

Here are a few pictures of the various layouts that were in attendance. I forgot to take a note of the names as I took the photographs, so apologies to any modelers that are mis-credited!


‘Mill Falls’ HO - Mike Carter





‘Windsor, Colorado.’  HO - Peter Everitt





The Worcester N gauge modules






'Simply Narrow Gauge’ On30  Keith Willows





'Sankei City' Japanese Layout Z - Keith Willows





‘Roestock’ - Ian Turner





‘Saw Pit Creek’ HO - Bearwood Group





‘Galatia, KS’  HO - Dan Spalding






No comments:

Post a Comment