Saturday 23 February 2013

Another dash of Kato...

Another ebay buy-it-now bargain, this as-new Kato C44-9W, fully boxed and barely used.  Perfect as a companion locomotive for the basket case I picked up at last years NMRA convention.  I just need to get the basket case fixed up!


This one will need a decoder before it can hit the rails, but other than that it's good to go.  I love the running qualities of these Japanese locomotives and they'll look good double-heading a unit coal train around the club modules.




The main issue with the model is the ditch lights, the Kato dash 9's are based on the original Santa Fe units so they have low mounted ditch lights which are wrong for Norfolk Southern, and there are a few other discrepancies around the trucks and side panels, but considering how good they are otherwise, I'm happy to have them on my roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment