Tuesday 4 January 2011

Making an Impack with eBay!

I recieved my latest ebay purchase in the post today, a job lot of Athearn Impack spine cars. I got two five car sets, one ATSF and a mixed BN/Brown TTX, plus a further set of ends and inters ready to be assembled, and eight truck trailers, all for $25 which is a great price for these wagons and especially good for a fifteen car set.



I've ordered a set of Microscale decals and I will strip and repaint the Burlington Northern cars to create a yellow TTX set, and I will be swapping the wheels and adding washers to the bogie frames to help prevent derailments.  The truck trailers will also be repainted and then weighted and permanently attached to the frames with wire loops to bring the cars up to NMRA weight standards.

I used to have a Cotton Belt set of these cars back when I had my old layout, so it's good to have a new set and it'll be fun detailing these cars to a more modern standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment