Tuesday 29 March 2011

Spare Parts


I managed to get hold of a set of instruction sheets / parts lists for the basket case Athearn locomotives and then I called Athearn directly to order the parts I needed.

Today my box of Athearn spare parts has arrived!  :)  What fantastic service! I'm really impressed with the fast shipping and the friendly staff there.

I now have all the parts I need to fix up both the SD50 and the SD70M, including drive wheels, q-fans, window glazing and replacement handrail sets.


The most difficult part of the job will be the DCC on the SD70M, the original plug-n-play board has been removed and replaced with a hard-wired digitrax decoder, I am planning to remove that and use an MRC 1801 which is designed to be a direct replacement for the original missing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment