Monday 4 April 2011

More motive power...


My latest purchases arrived at the weekend, first up is an Athearn SD60 in CSX livery, it's got some missing handrail sections and a loose airtank under the sills, but otherwise it is pretty much mint.  This locomotive is particularly useful as it will help me to figure out the wiring for my basket-case Conrail SD50 as they share the same chassis.


The second engine is this repainted Athearn C40-9W in Norfolk Southern livery, this is a dummy engine, but I have also purchased a set of power trucks and an Athearn hex motor to swap it over to become a powered unit.  This engine will be a sister unit to my previously purchased project Dash 9 engine, which is a UP unit due for stripping and repainting/detailing as Norfolk Southern.

The list of projects waiting for a turn on the bench continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment