Monday 13 June 2011

Direct from the source...



So today was my first visit to an American model railroad store.  I'm in Boston on business and I googled around before I left the UK and I found a single hobby store close to the city.  It is the Charles Ro Supply Store, one of the largest O Gauge suppliers in the US.



I took a T train out from Boston early this morning, for a few miles to a town in the suburbs called Malden, and then a short walk got me to the store just after it opened.  It wasn't difficult to find, and it sits alone with it's own large car park.



I'd e-mailed the store a couple of times and been told that they stocked a large range of HO, but their website http://www.charlesro.com/welcome_to_charles_ro.htm only lists O Gauge or S Gauge so I wasn't sure if they would have what I wanted.



As it turned out, I needn't have worried, the store was not only large, but it also stocked a massive range of N and Ho alongside the American Flyer and other large scale brands.

I spent around forty minutes browsing and picked up several new items, which I will update on in another post.





Upstairs the store has a large display layout behind glass, and I was able to take a look at that and take a few pictures, and then I was presented with a Charles Ro T-Shirt as I was leaving.  All in all, an excellent and friendly store with a good selection of stock and prices.

I'm in Boston for a few days yet, so my main problem will be resisting the urge to go back to the store and buy more goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment