Saturday 28 May 2011

More eBay cheapness... SD75i and B23-7


My latest ebay bargains turned up today, a Genesis SD75i in BNSF livery and an Atlas Silver B23-7 in CSX livery.


These engines were very cheap, and although I don't model BNSF, I plan to strip the shell, remove the extra vent housing and fill the cab baffle line to backdate the engine to a standard SD70m and repaint it as a CSX locomotive.

The B23-7 is intended to become the chassis for my Norfolk Southern 8-32B project, using the Railpower 8-40B shell I purchased back in January.




The SD75i has some slight damage to the front handrails, and some very slight glue fogging on the front windshield but I have replacement parts for both of those areas already, so that shouldn't cause any problems.  I'm assuming that the extra vent section on the right hand side of the engine will unclip as it seems to be a seperate piece, and therefore it will be easy to convert the locomotive to a SD70m.

No comments:

Post a Comment