Thursday 16 August 2012

Cheap Athearn 85ft Flatcar


I found this Athearn 'Transport Leasing' 85' flatcar going cheap on ebay, the auction picture was a bit blurry, but I thought I'd take a chance on it.  I'm glad I did, the model arrived today and it is in mint condition, with only some superficial wear to the outer box to reveal that it is not brand new.



The model is very nicely detailed, with separately applied wire grab-irons, detailed loading ramps, separate trailer hitches and very fine printing.



The model also comes complete with two 40ft trailers, one decorated for B&O and the other for Great Northern, these seem to be the old A-Line trailers with modern printing and very detailed wheels and chassis, they certainly look great.

A great model, and one I'm glad I picked up, it's certainly whetted my appetite for more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment