Wednesday 1 August 2012

Freemo board update


I managed to get a little time this week to lay some more ground cover onto my module, and successfully filled out the missing bottom left corner beside the warehouse and the banking beside the farm track.

The original paint colour I used for the base was a little too red and clay-like, so I also mixed some brown paint to a shade that matched the garden dirt I've been using, this means that the farm track and other open areas are now much closer in tone to the rest of the scenery.

The only major section of the base that remains is the custom foundation for the three buildings that form the outer edge of the town.  These buildings need to be cut to fit, so I haven't been able to complete their foundations yet.

I will also need to repaint the road surface with a darker shade, as the grey I have used is looking far too pale.
The bridge metal over bridge is taking shape, and I have got the deck completed and ready for paint, I have also purchased some Wills girder sections that I plan to use as supports for the main part of the bridge, and I may reinforce these with brass depending on how vulnerable it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment