Monday 27 May 2013

Rush Hour in HO Scale - a load of secondhand 1:87 vehicles for the modules

I picked up a couple of lots of HO scale vehicles on ebay over the past couple of weeks, and I now have a selection of different cars and commercial vehicles suitable for any era from the 50's to present day.

These were bulk lots and they included a few random matchbox toys and other non-scale vehicles which I have already discarded, the joys of purchasing job lots :)


 A pair of Busch GMC 'fishbowl' New York buses.  One of them is faded and missing the aircon unit.

Three Ford C trucks - Dawson Lager tractor/trailer and a couple of short wheelbase units.

 A couple of Classic Metal Works International R-190 trucks.

 An Athearn Ford F850 stock truck in New York Central livery.
 
A Busch La France articulated fire ladder truck. 

 Three squad cars, each from a different decade.

 A classic ConCor U-Haul truck and a Boley GMC Topkick wrecker.

 More Busch, including a couple of fifties classics and an airport taxi.

 
 A pair of Promotex Mack CH603 tractors

 A Boley International dump truck.

A Boley International refrigerated box truck.

These vehicles should cover most of what I need for my freemo modules, and because they were so cheap I can safely use them at exhibitions without worrying too much about them getting lost or broken.

It's incredible how much these models cost new, the Busch models are especially expensive with new ones listed at over £20 on the Walther website.  Because I bought in bulk these cars only cost me an average of £2.50 each which is a big saving (or a massive depreciation depending on your point of view!).

I'd still like a few more sedans and regular cars to bulk out the streets, and I'm particularly keen to get some of the civilian version of the Atlas 'Automotive Masterpiece' Ford Custom sedan and the Mini Metals Impalas - especially the Taxi version.

I'll be keeping an eye on ebay for more bargain lots.  You should do the same if you fancy adding some cheap traffic to your HO layout or module.

No comments:

Post a Comment