Wednesday 17 August 2011

Dashing... but the wrong livery.



I recieved another round of ebay purchases this week.  I picked up an Atlas Silver Series GE Dash 8-40CW locomotive in Union Pacific livery, this is not my road, but I plan to repaint it as a Conrail unit and then patch for Norfolk Southern.  The locomotive is brand new, fully boxed and complete with it's detail parts and handrails.

I've ordered a conrail hood to swap out for the UP one.  It's a shame to strip this locomotive as the factory paint is really crisp and detailed, so I am also investigating the possibility of finding an entire Conrail shell to use instead.



I also picked up a cheap Railpower SD60M shell, which will be painted and detailed for Norfolk Southern to accompany my Genesis model.



Freight-wise, I picked up a very nice Genesis 50ft boxcar and a Maersk Maxi I well car set - the intermodal cars will form part of a set to be pulled by my Athearn GP60M.


So the collection grows again, and the stack of projects is now officially far too big!  I need to get back to my GP38-2 project and get that finished off before sorting out the CSX SD70M and then getting down to the remainder of the various project locomotives I now have sitting in boxes.  Plenty to keep me occupied through the winter, that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment