Sunday 22 April 2012

Protoype Modeler Magazine Lot

Having found a lot of useful information in the issues of Prototype Modeler I bought back in January, I decided to try and collect a few more, and when a job lot of two years worth showed up on ebay I picked them up.



The magazine was a bimonthly release, so there were twelve issues in the lot, covering all of 1987 and 1988.  I already had a couple of the issues here, but it was worth picking up the whole set anyway.  If anyone is interested in taking the doubles then drop me a line.

With the September/October 1988 issue I now have the second part of the Peoria Local article I posted previously, this is the section that covers how to model some suitable motive power for the Bloomington - Normal trains, although as the article is over a quarter of a century old it's a little out of date.  In fact both of the locomotives covered in the article are now available as Genesis or P2K versions!

These magazines are a bit of a mixed bag, with some articles being really fascinating, and others being a bit dry on useful content, but it's certainly a contrast with the Model Railroader issues of the same time period, this magazine is very slim and lightweight, with a real focus on real-life reference and accurate modelling.

I will follow up with some more detail on the Peoria motive power article soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment