Saturday 21 April 2012

Twin Genesis Units


My latest purchases arrived this week, a pair of brand new Athearn Genesis SD70M-2 locomotives in Norfolk Southern livery.

These engines are the very latest released by Athearn and I've been waiting for almost a year since pre-ordering them.  I opted to buy one with sound and one without, as I expect to be running them as a pair so having two sound units in the same consist seems like overdoing it.


 As usual with Athearn, the detail on these models is outstanding, with every imagineable detail factory fitted.  There is a small bag containing the truck sideframe cables, but otherwise these units are good to go straight out of the box.


Truly fantastic models and I'm really looking forward to getting them onto the test track to get them run in.

I will try to do an in-depth review of these new models shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment