Friday 21 September 2012

High Nose GP40 - Rescue Build - Part 4


I finally got some time to finish the remaining details on the GP40 rescue build, adding the high nose bell, all weather windows and the MU cables and pilot steps.


I filled the small gaps on the nose and gave the shell a shot of primer ahead of its trip to the RPM table at this weekend Holbrook show.


I've been brushing up on my airbrushing skills (airbrushing up?)  and the process was a lot less wasteful this time, previously I've ended up with a lot of overspray as a result of being a bit too heavy on the flow.


I'm pretty pleased with how it has turned out, aside from a small gap along the treadplate edge it is looking good and ready for painting.  Easily my fastest ever build, and although it's not going to be a contest winner, it's definitely a real improvement from how it looked when I bought it.


Next comes the paint and decals.  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment