Tuesday 9 October 2012

High Nose GP40 - Rescue Build - Part 5


Time for a long overdue update on progress with the GP40 rescue build.  I want to have this locomotive finished in time for the NMRA convention at Kegworth, I'm hoping to pick up some credit for my locomotives AP certificate.

Some clear weather this week and I managed to shoot the shell with gloss black and get the decals placed.

The fans are fitted and the top grilles will be on soon, I discovered I had made a rookie error in fitting the all weather windows before they were glazed, but luckily I managed to figure a method to fit the glazing in situ!

Next come the fibre optics and the handrails, my deadline for getting the model finished is friday and I still plan to weather the shell so I'm banking on a clear dry day before the end of the week.


 
 
Here is a shot of the shell with stage one weathering.  The dullcote and an initial grime pass.  Next stage will be localised dirt and streaking.
 

 
It's looking more like a hard working workhorse now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment