Saturday 13 October 2012

Bargain Geep - A high nose at last!

After months of searching I finally found a high nose GP30!.   This was buried in the second-hand area at the Croydon MRS show, and its not just any high nose, but the exact model I have been coveting!


This is the Walthers reissue of the Proto 2000 GP30 in Norfolk Southern livery numbered as #2612 and whats more it is the sound equipped DCC version. 

A bargain indeed as I paid just over £30 for it and these models retailed for £150 new and are long out of production.  The low-nose version is due for re-issue at £190 for the sound version.


It's a bit dusty and the original owner has painted the top of the roof flat black, but other than a split porch handrail and missing pilot steps there is no major damage.  I figure the handrail woll glue back together and the roof paint should be easy to correct by either cleaning it off or overspraying it.


I'm really pleased to have aquired one of these high nose models at last, and having a correctly detailed high-nose model as reference will make it much easier to kitbash a high nose onto one of my other P2K geeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment