Friday 12 October 2012

High Nose GP40 - Rescue Build - Finished

I finished the Norfolk and Western GP40 build today and got all the paperwork done ready for the competition table at Kegworth next weekend.


It was a real push to get everything done it time, but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.  I think the weathering is a little on the heavy side, with the NW logos on the sides of the engine being more covered than I would have liked.  I may go back and redo them at a later point.

Today I finished the weathering, reassembled the chassis, fitted the DCC wiring loom and chip and added the fibre-optics for the headlights.

The only things that I didn't get time to do were the windscreen wipers and the hanging MU cable for the long hood end.


I will add those missing details at some point, but for now I'm calling this one 'done'!  It's been a really fun build and the transformation from junker to runner is really incredible.

Now I really should get back to my GP60 project!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment