Monday 12 March 2012

Another high street model shop closes...



The Model Shop in Guildford is closing down, this was the same shop where I saw the Athearn train set that pulled me back into modelling just over a year ago.

There is no doubt the recession is worsening and hobbies are definitely one of the first things to go when folks start to tighten their belts.  It's a real shame as the two guy who ran the shop were really friendly and helpful, and they stocked a lot of useful stuff.

Sadly they never recieved any of the Athearn stock I was interested in (apparently Horizon were having trouble supplying them) and although I purchased a lot of small items like paint, tools and styrene, I guess they needed a lot more passing trade to stay in business and with a Modelzone in the nearby mall they would be competing with the big chains buying power.

So thanks for bringing me back to the hobby guys, I hope your next business venture fares better.

No comments:

Post a Comment