Monday 12 March 2012

Looks like we got us a convoy...

Following on from my ebay purchases, I located a further three Revell re-issued truck kits on http://www.kingkit.co.uk/ and snapped them up.

I now have three of the four Revell issued kits, including a second boxed 2103 and my first Ford CL-9000:


2101  GMC Astro 95 & Canvas Trailer


2103 GMC Astro & Stake Trailer

2104  Ford CL-9000 & Car Carrier


As with the two trucks I already own, the trailers in these kits are barely worth looking at - the car carrier in particular is very poor quality and doesn't appear to be based on any particular prototype - even the Revell 1950's car transporter trailer kit is better detailed than this one.

With the arrival of these kits I probably have more than enough GMC Astro trucks!  However I'm really pleased to finally have one of the Ford tractor units, although I am still on the lookout for the sleeper cab version of the CL-9000 truck as I prefer the look of the larger cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment