Saturday 31 March 2012

A bulk lot of Lindberg truck kits...

Although I had managed to get hold of several GMC Astro truck kits, I was really looking to get hold of some of the Ford CL-9000 kits in the same range and especially some of the sleeper cab version of these trucks.

I found a second hand kit dealer in the US Freds Kits that listed several different Lindberg kits so I snapped them up.  With the arrival of this latest group I've now got a further two large cab GMC's and a pair of large cab Fords.


1052 Ford CL-9000 Box Trailer - "Over The Road"
1055 GMC Astro Refrigerator Trailer - "Cool Way"
1045 GMC Astro Box Trailer - "Freight Van"
Ford CL-9000 Flatbed -"Flat Bed"

All of these are sealed and unused, although the Ford flatbed box is very faded and dusty from being stored for almost quarter of a century.  The most interesting thing about these kits is the price tags that show these kits retailed for $2.50 each, so they've increased fourfold in price.

I will need to try putting one of these kits together soon, especially as they are snap-fit construction and don't need any glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment