Monday 25 April 2011

Athearn GP38 Rebuild - Progress Update

Time for an update on progress with this build.  Thanks to the bank holiday weekend I managed to get some time to work on 5273, and after a few more hours work it's coming along very nicely.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Today I added the plow, lift rings, rear fan grab iron, fans and rear coupler lift bar. Tomorrow should see the final details added to the shell and perhaps even a coat of primer (which will be nervewracking as I haven't touched an airbrush in twenty years).

I'm really enjoying bringing this engine back from the edge, and it's been a really good way to get back into modeling after all these years, especially as this amount of detail was really difficult to achieve back when I was last railroading, there was simply no easy way to get hold of many of these parts at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment