Saturday 16 April 2011

Trainwest Exhibition - Bentley - April 2011

I drove down to the Bentley Model Railway Groups exhibition Trainwest 2011, which was held in a sports centre in Wiltshire.  A long drive down, passing landmarks like Stonehenge, and on the way back I swung by to collect my ebay purchased Model Railroader magazines from Oxford (as covered in my previous post).

So Trainwest was a mixed bag, especially as the one trader I was interested in was a no-show, the Western Models second-hand US dealer.  I had been hoping to pick up some more detail parts and some more Athearn for my roster (as if I don't have enough projects waiting in the wings as it is...)

There were several US layouts attending the show and I spent time looking at each of them, especially Chris Gilberts small switching layout Haston Nomad which looked like a good potential track-plan for my own portable layout/module board.

I enjoyed the show, although the no-show for Western Models was a bit of a dissapointment, but hopefully the upcoming NMRA spring meet at the end of the month will allow for some secondhand bargains.

I've posted a few photographs from the show below.



Haston Nomad Ho Scale - Chris Gilbert



Roundhouse Ho Scale - Ian Lampkin



Red River N Scale - Tony Comber





Parsons Lumber Company On30 - Richard Turner & Mick Moignard




Oakland 3rd Street Yard Gauge 1 - Martyn Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment