Monday 25 April 2011

The Cats Whiskers





Using my newly purchased CSX SD60 as a guide, I was able to rebuild the wiring and get the basket-case Conrail SD50 chassis back on the rails. 

Unfortunately the shell for it is still needing a lot of work and is missing some detail parts and roof sections, so I recently bought a cheap Athearn SD50 shell in Chessie livery which I had intended to use for parts to repair the basket case.

However, once I recieved it, the Chessie shell turned out to be in totally mint condition, and having fitted it to the (now working) chassis I've now got a great looking engine - albeit one from a road the no longer exists and is not in my modelling timeframe.  :)

The Conrail shell repair is still on the to-do list, although I need some detail parts to finish it, and therefore I probably need to source yet another shell for that!  Once the Conrail shell is finally fixed I will probably keep both shells, to run the locomotive as a Chessie from time to time just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment