Tuesday 26 April 2011

Athearn GP38 Rebuild - Shell is complete

[image]
Front - MU cables, ditch lights and more.[image]
Rear - Showing replacement fans.[image]
Side - Sunshade (only this side as per prototype) and replacement step edge.

Another couple of hours sorted out the remaining details for the shell, and I now have all the fans in place, the mu hoses, ditch lights and cab sunshade.

It's looking pretty good, and I'm pleased with the results, the pictures show it with the original plastic horn, as I had ordered the wrong type when I bought the parts for this build. However as luck would have it I managed to find the correct type of horn on a replacement shell I had bought back when I first started this engine and was planning to bin the original due to the broken mounting lugs.

The next step is to prime the shell and then lay on the Conrail blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment