Friday 13 January 2012

Structures for the freemo module

Today I began putting together some of the other kits that will make up the town on my freemo module.

I'm using a combination of DPM and Rix kits for the module, and these two were by Rix, a corner store called 'Johns Place' and a clapboard bungalow.



I assembled the main parts of each kit to help judge the final positions for each building on the module, and also used my NSWL True Sander for the first time, it certainly helped to square the walls on the corner store kit before assembly.



I used extra bracing pieces inside the corners, by gluing short lengths of square profile evergreen styrene.

I plan to add some extra detail on the roof edges of the bungalow and the corner store may also feature and interior.

I will update more on these new buildings as they take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment