Friday 20 January 2012

Wrong side of the tracks?



I took the bargain buildings I picked up at Benson to try them on my freemo module, specifically to test what the small town area would look like with more buildings.  I was only planning to use the DPM brick buildings on one side of the railroad crossing, with an open gravel area on the other.


Having tested the space with more buildings I'm now undecided, the street does look good with buildings on both sides, but having more symmetry on the board reduces the potential gains from flipping it around as there would be less variety.  If I stick with the current plan then the module should have more versatility.  Decisions decisions.



I also tested my Rix bungalow in position, this time with it's brick porch attached, the two houses are going to work well in position, and should give a nice 'Sears home' feel to the edge of the town.


There was a good turnout at the space tonight, and lots of work going on with the modules, including the first train running as my SD60M took a few trips back and forward along the station modules.  A landmark event, and good progress towards the goal of getting the entire circuit up and running.





Lots of work going on across all the modules, including the wiring for the station area and some discussion about the scenery for the outer sections of the city.



The wye crossing boards were also being fitted with connection bracing to connect them securely and allow track laying to begin properly.



Here is a short video of the first train running.  This is my SD60M running with a random collection of cars that were available around the club space.

No comments:

Post a Comment