Friday 27 January 2012

Structures for the freemo module


I spent some time working on the buildings for my module today, and both of the Rix bungalow kits are assembled and ready for painting.  I will be painting one of them blue and the other pale yellow, to add a touch of colour to the front of the module.




I've glued the roofs in place but kept the porches seperate for now to make painting easier.  A small section of evergreen profile styrene has been added to reinforce the porch when it is attached.



Both bungalows ready for painting.  The chimneys have been capped with leftover pieces of the plastic sections from the wall tops and I may add chimney pots from sections of styrene tubing.

The third building is another Rix kit 'Johns Place Corner Store'.  This kit is similar to a regular DPM building, but the quality of the moulding is much better and the kit fits together with less cleanup.

I added a plasticard step to the entrance where the pillar meets the ground, and filled the area above the porch to prevent light leaks.


I used squadron putty to fill the moulding holes along the back of the main side wall, then sanded smooth ready for painting.


Here is a shot of the main components after assembly, the roof is yet to be detailed, but I will be adding roof hatches, air vents and a chimney before I paint the building.


I plan to detail this building as a camera store, with suitable signage and detailing to serve any time period from the sixties up to the late eighties.




No comments:

Post a Comment