Friday 1 June 2012

Clearing the backlog - DCC Programming

I spent some time at the decoder station at the club space tonight and managed to clear seven locomotives into their correct numbering ready for DCC service.

Kato CSX SD70MAC back in one piece (mostly) and DCC fitted.

I also reassembled my basket-case Kato SD70MAC, rebuilding the cab and handrails.  I still need to fit the smaller grab-irons and some of the pilot details to the front end.

Roster shot of the eight locomotives I worked on this evening.

There were eight locomotives in tonights batch, and I got seven of them up and running and logged into the roster using the Sprog Decoder, and then each of them was run in on the test track for ten minutes or so.

One of the hornby decoders I had turned out to be fried, so the Kato Dash 9 in the foreground above will need to wait on the workbench a little longer.  That locomotive is in bad cosmetic shape, so it will need a considerable amount of work before it is presentable, the cab glass is fogged with cement and there is a lot of other spilled glue and missing details around the shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment