Sunday 24 June 2012

Thinning out the collection.


I've been avidly buying up locomotives for the past year and a half, and this weekend I did an inventory of the many (many, many, many) boxes piled up in my modeling space.  It was starting to look like that warehouse in Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I quickly decided it was time for a clearout.

I have a number of locomotives from 'other' roads including CSX, Chessie, Union Pacific, Canadian National, Santa Fe, Southern Pacific and a few others, which I purchased either because they were cheap, or because I planned to repaint them.

Most of them are modern locomotives (post nineties) and would not be suitable for my planned 1980's layout, and others are basket cases that simply need to be repaired and then sold on.

So I spent a few hours taking photographs this afternoon and listing them on ebay.  It's definitely against the grain for my 'hoarders instinct' but I reckon it makes sense to thin out the collection, not least of all so I can raise some funds to buy the new engines I need.

There are around a dozen assorted RTR SD50's, SD60's and SD70's to be listed, plus a whole load of spare bodyshells, random boxcars and other oddities.  So if you are on the lookout for a bargain then check out the buy-it-now section of ebay :)

In the meantime, I will keep hunting for cheap geeps...

3 comments:

  1. Can you post your ebay sellers name? Would be interested in a couple of locos maybe, esp if you ship to Ireland! ;)

    Great blog, keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words :)

      The first batch of listings went almost straight away on buy-it-now, I will mail you a link to my next set of auctions when they are up.
      Still to list I've got a couple of CN SD70i, a UP SD60M, CSX SW1500, UP C44-9W and some older blue boxes.

      If you are looking for something in particular then let me know, I have a huge pile of boxes here.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Athearn RTR SD50 complete chassis if you have one! ;) Anything else would probably be an impulse purchase!

    ReplyDelete