Tuesday 12 June 2012

Kato Geep - another ebay cheapie


I picked up another older Kato, this one is a GP7 that was marketed by Atlas in the late eighties.  It's unboxed but in good condition, the previous owner has applied some weathering using chalks or powders, but it seems like that will rub off without any problems.



I'm loving the weight of this unit, it's got a solid metal frame, and the body detail is very nice, apart from the moulded on grab-irons. It's a shame that Kato didn't take a leaf from Athearns book and only mould in the location dimples.


The walkways include tread detail on the lower edges, and the plastic handrails are not too oversized, looking more or less the same as a modern Kato unit in thickness.

I will be repainting this model along with my brass geep, both of them becoming locomotives for my planned Peoria layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment