Saturday 30 June 2012

Railflyer Products Treadplate


The Railflyer products treadplate for my GP60 project arrived today, direct from Railflyer models in Canada.  

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised, having read a number of complaints about their service on various forums, it was a bit of a last resort to order from them and I expected to be waiting a long time.  Instead, the order turned up very promptly, no longer than any other international order (in fact it was probably a bit quicker than Walthers!)

Needless to say I am now much more confident about placing future orders with them.


The treadplate is designed for the larger anticlimber that I am using on my models, and should be a direct fit.  I'm going to use this etched tread for the 'hero' GP60 and cut some Archers resin treadplate for the other locomotive.

The order also came with a postcard featuring sample swatches of the new Railflyer acrylic paint, I like the look of their Conrail blue so I may well give that a go when I do my next patched locomotive.

No comments:

Post a Comment