Thursday 5 February 2015

Gas Station Build - Part 2


I got started on the Gas Station build after spending an hour or so searching through boxes for my supply of sheet styrene and some other useful odds and ends.


I really need to have a clear out, I found my plastic sheets at the bottom of a crate containing yet more engines I'd completely forgotten about including a Genesis Union Pacific F7 I'd bought with the intention of repainting as a Rock Island unit.


I used a file to clean up the worst of the molding flash and then superglued the main walls together.  The parts are not a great fit so I will need to fill a few gaps before painting it.


I'm not keen on the kit roof as the gable looks a bit odd and there is no easy way to remove it because the entire roof is cast in two parts, so I will build a new roof out of styrene.  I also decided to build an extension at the rear of the building to bulk the size up a bit.


The styrene base piece will simulate a concrete apron for the forecourt and will hold everything in place while the build progresses.


I built a simple interior floor piece which I will detail with a sales counter to give the illusion of detail when looking through the large front windows and began cutting the walls for the rear extension.  This will be detailed to look like wooden siding using styrene strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment