Tuesday 24 February 2015

Gas Station Build - Part 5

The deadline is looming so I spent an hour or so this evening starting the painting of the completed gas station model.  I mixed a little white into some regular Revell Aqua yellow to approximate the Gilmore Gasoline cream colour and brush painted the main walls and the counter inside.


This first coat is a bit rough and ready, but it should be fine because I am planning to weather the finished model to represent an almost out of business station at the end of its working life rather than a brand new structure.



The roof and brickwork have been picked out in terracotta and boxcar red, and that is as far as I got this evening.



I will hopefully get the detail painting started tomorrow, with the window frames and doors getting a coat of burgundy/red to match the decals.



I also need to make a third attempt at the decals, this time I will try applying them with some Mig decal set which will hopefully help them stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment