Friday 27 February 2015

Gas Station Build - Part 8

The challenge deadline is tomorrow so I sat down at the workbench and finished the final details on the gas station this evening.  

 
The roof sign received a coat of paint before being superglued to the roof.





The gas pumps each gained a hose cut from thin insulated wire and glued to the base, as well as some extra colour on the small details, I picked out the various rags and details with some neutral blue paint using a fine brush.


I also cleaned up the edges on the tops of the walls, I plan to keep the roof removable and I decided to paint them and make the presentation a bit neater.

With all that done the model is complete.  It's been a lot of fun putting it together and I'm really pleased with the final result.  I still plan to use it as part of a square-foot diorama but that will need to wait for another day as I am out of time.

Here are some detail shots of the finished gas station.





No comments:

Post a Comment